The deadly virus SARS COV 2, which was originated in Wuhan china at the end of 2019 is a member of the coronavirus family. Even after 15 months of the catastrophic disaster, the virus is in no hurry to evade now or at least be controlled for the time being. The exact origination of the SARS COV 2 virus hasn’t been known yet. From the expert’s perspective, the origination of the virus is a natural cause and the World Health Organisation virologists who went to Wuhan to inspect the exact cause clarified that the virus jumped from some wild animal (most probably from bats) to humans.
The disease caused by the SARS COV 2 virus is COVID 19. It is a highly contagious disease. The disease affects multiple organs of the human body, but the severe effects are seen mostly on the lungs. Right now, there is no available medicine to cure COVID 19, but every dark cloud has a silver lining. There are vaccines available in India which provide viable immunity against the disease. At the beginning of 2021, the government of India launched two vaccines i.e., COVISHIELD (an oxford university vaccine, manufactured and distributed by serum institute of India in India) and COVAXIN (an Indian vaccine designed, developed, and distributed by BharatBiotech together with CSIR). Now, India is running one of the biggest vaccination drives in the world.
Things You Will Need To Register & Book Appointment
Any person who is liable according to the government-released guideline can get the vaccination. Although, there are some terms and conditions that need to be considered before registering for the vaccination. Any person who is looking for getting a vaccination against covid-19 must have to be a citizen of India. The process to register for vaccination is very simple and reliable. Even though a person or an individual doesn’t have a liable identification document, they can introduce any of the listed documents mentioned by the government of India. These are the preferred documents listed by the government of India on its official covid-19 vaccine website.
- Aadhar Card.
- Driving License.
- Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labour.
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) Job Card.
- Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs.
- PAN Card.
- Passbooks issued by Bank/Post Office.
- Pension Document.
- Service Identity Card with photograph issued to employees by Central/ State Govt./ PSUs/Public Limited Companies.
- Voter ID.
- Smart card issued by RGI under NPR.
A person who is looking for vaccination against coronavirus can produce any of the above-mentioned documents while registering for vaccination as well as at the time of vaccination. A person must not ignore the following terms related to their identification document.
NOTE: The document must be authorized by the government of India. The document must have the picture of the person who possesses it. The document which doesn’t have a photograph of the possessor will be invalid for the registration. Document at the time of registration and at the time of vaccination must have to be the same. Two different identification documents will be considered invalid.
How To Register For 18+ Vaccine Using Cowin.gov.in
- In order to register for vaccination through Cowin.gov.in, first of all, the browser of the computer or smartphone and type “Cowin.gov.in” in the URL search bar and hit enter/search. Cowin official homepage will appear on the screen.
- Now the user needs to go to register/sign in to proceed with the further registration process.
- In the desktop browser, the register/sign-in option is available at the top right side of the official page. In an android/IOS-based smartphone the option can be found after scrolling down the home page.
- After clicking on the register, the user is required to enter their mobile number.
- The user will get an OTP on his/her registered number.
- Type the OTP digits on the registration homepage of Cowin and click on verify.
- The user will see a new page on the screen. It will be “register member”.
- Now the user needs to provide various details like the name of the user, proof of identification, gender, year of birth, etc.
- After providing all the details for vaccination, the user needs to click on “register”. The process of registration will be done.
- After successful completion of the registration process, users can now schedule the vaccine appointment. Click on “schedule appointment” to proceed towards the cavitation appointment.
- The “Schedule” option can be found next to the registered name of the user. The user also has the option to add four more beneficiaries for the vaccination with his/her registration.
- After clicking on schedule, the user will need to enter his/her area pin code in order to find a nearby vaccination center. After entering the area pin code on the search box, the user will see various vaccination near his/her location. The search results of nearby vaccination centers are obtained on the basis of pin code.
- Note, if the user sees a GREEN slot at a vaccination center, then that slot can opt for vaccination. if it shows a red slot with BOOKED label, it means no vaccination slots are available for that day. Click on the green tab to book the day for vaccination.
- After selecting the particular vaccination center, date and time of the appointment of vaccination. the user needs to click on confirm to book the appointment for vaccination. The selected date, time, and vaccination center will be considered after clicking on confirm.
How To Register For 18+ Vaccine Using Aarogya Setu
- First of all the user needs to make sure that he/she has the Aarogya setu app in their smartphone. If the user doesn’t have the app, then go to the play store and search “Aarogya Setu” in the search bar. Download the app and complete the login/ signup process in the app.
- Open the Aarogya Setu app and click on the “vaccination” option. It can be found at the top of the Aarogya Setu home screen.
- In the next window, the user will require to enter their mobile number to proceed further. Enter mobile number and click proceed to verify.
- An OTP will be sent by Aarogya Setu on entered mobile number, type the received OTP on the registration homepage of the Aarogya Setu app and click.
- After successful verification of the mobile number, the user will see a new window on the Aarogya Setu app. Here the user needs to enter various details like ID proof (mainly ID proof number), name of the user, gender, year of birth.
- Enter all the necessary details asked by the Aarogya Setu app in order to complete the vaccination appointment process. Click on submit button on the Aarogya Setu app to finalize the registration.
- After successfully completing the registration process, the user needs to schedule an appointment date for vaccination. Click on the “schedule vaccination” button.
- In the next window, the user needs to enter his/her area pin code to find a nearby vaccination center. Click on proceed to find nearby vaccination centers.
- Various vaccination centers will appear on the screen after entering the area pin code.
- Choose any of the preferred vaccination centers from available options.
- Now, all available timing and vaccine availability will get displayed on your screen.
- Select the timing and vaccination centre according to your needs and click on Proceed.
- A review about your appointment will get displayed. On this screen, you can review your details.
- When you have reviewed every detail, click on Confirm Appointment.
- Wait for some time till your request gets fulfilled.
- Once done, you will get Appointment Scheduled Successfully message.
FAQs: Covid-19 Vaccine Registration For Above 18 Years
Can I Get Vaccination Without Appointment?
No one can get the vaccination without an appointment. An individual will have to register himself/herself on the Cowin site or Aarogya Setu app to get the vaccination. After successfully register on any of the above mediums, the individual will be liable to get the vaccination jab. One thing must keep in mind that, the user must have to be on the time for vaccination. People from rural areas, mostly those who don’t have much knowledge of the internet can get themselves register for vaccination at the nearby health care center. They will have to produce a listed identification document to complete the registration.
Are There Any Charges For Vaccination?
For the time being, vaccination is absolutely free at all the government-authorized vaccination centers. Anyone who is looking forward to getting the jab of vaccine won’t need to pay any amount for it. The government of India is providing vaccination against covid-19 free of cost. The government has fixed rates of vaccine at private firms and private medical centers. All the details regarding the price of the different vaccinate can be ascertained from the official website of the ministry of health “Cowin”. In some metro cities, paid vaccines are available for the public at private healthcare centers. Currently, there are some shortages of vaccines in India. People don’t need to panic, as vaccine manufacturers are working day and night to accumulate vaccine supply and meet the current demands.
Can I Choose The Type of Vaccine I Want To Get?
The user has the option to choose a vaccination according to their preference. As for now, two vaccines are in circulation in India. These are Covishield and Covaxin. Bharat biotech manufactured “Covaxin” vaccines are limited in number owing to their slow production and drastic demand. So, the user can face difficulty while opting for “Covaxin” as their vaccine jab. The government of India is working towards the availability of several other vaccines in India. A few days back, Russia’s Sputnik V has been registered as the third vaccine in India the second consignment of Sputnik V has reached India last week. In the coming months, India will have several other vaccines in its vaccine circulation.
If I Am Covid-19 Positive, Can I Get A Vaccine?
If you are covid-19 positive, you must wait to get the vaccine until you get negative. Anyone who has been tested positive for coronavirus, should wait at least fourteen days to get the vaccine jab. If you are positive and you go out to get the vaccine, you will infect others with the covid-19 virus. While being positive with the virus, isolate yourself for the tallest fourteen and wait for the covid symptoms to subside. Get yourself tested again for the covid-19 virus if you get a negative report. You are free to get the Covid-19 vaccine.
Is Vaccination Free At All Vaccination Centres?
Vaccines are only free at government-authorized health care centers. Anyone can get the vaccine jab from nearby government heal care centers without paying any money. Paid vaccines are available only at private hospitals and private health care cementers at government prescribed price tag.
Till now more than 3.4 million people succumb to COVID 19 throughout the world. And now India is experiencing the second wave of the virus. The daily cases raised to four-fold than it was seen in the first wave. During such peak, vaccination is the only way the avert the disease. Together with vaccination, some other guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare should be strictly followed like regular hand wash or using alcohol-based hand Sanitizer, maintaining at least 6 feet distance from another person, wearing a mask, and always covering mouth while sneezing or coughing. Precautions are a must after taking the vaccine.
Till now around 187.5 million people are vaccinated out of which around 40 million are fully vaccinated. As there is a shortage of vaccines in India, the government of India has planned to provide Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine, for this Dr.Reddy’s pharma company will handle the administration and distribution process. The government has promised that by the end of the year more than 2.6 billion vaccines will be available for the people of India. Vaccines are the only hope to come out of this crisis. As per the research conducted by a prestigious virologist, to reach herd immunity at least 80 percent of people should be fully vaccinated. This is an evil time the whole world is going through, but we need to keep patience and must pay utmost attention to the prescribed precautions. This tough time will also go someday and we will be able to live a simple and fearless life.