The 72nd Emmys 2020 Awards is released finally on Sunday in the Los Angeles. Certainly, everyone seemed to have a huge expectation from the show and there was a lot of curiosity about who is going to take home the trophy. Finally, the programs with the maximum overall nominations got revealed, and then, we got to know about the platforms with the maximum overall nominations. Of course, there have been a bit of disappointment so far, but at the same time, everyone got to have a little sense of cheer when everything was scheduled to be conducted on an online mode. We are going to list the nominations out right here!
Programs with the maximum overall nominations: Emmys 2020
- HBO’s Watchmen got a total of 26 nominations
- The Marvelous Mrs Maisel got a total of 20 nominations
- Succession received 18 nominations with a tie of the same number of nominations as received by Ozark
- The Mandalorian got 15 nominations, the same position is held by two more shows – Schitt’s Creek, and Saturday Night Live
- The Crown received a total of 13 nominations in the series
Top 5 platforms with the maximum number of nominations: Emmys 2020
- Netflix received a total of 160 nominations and is thus, leading the list
- Next, comes the HBO with a total of 107 nominations
- The NBC got a total of 47 nominations
- ABC received a total of 36 nominations
- FX received a total of 33 nominations
No more of red carpet show, but it will all be conducted virtually: Winner list of Emmys 2020
The winner list is finally out and according to our sources, we have got to know that Watchmen has got the majority of the nominations for the year 2020. It has successfully received a total of 26 nominations, and is thus, leading the row. The Marvelous Mrs Maisel, the comedy from the Amazon Prime is regarded as the second most nominated series. It has received 20 nods so far and then at the third position stands the Ozark from Netflix with a total of 18 nominations.
Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, the structure of the award ceremony has been changed this year. Everything is happening on a virtual mode, and Jimmy Kimmel, who did host the ceremony earlier will be taking the stage in the Staples Center in the LA. The show will be hosted in front of the production staff and a couple of stars. Instead of a zoom call, the real time emotions of the winners are decided to be captured with movie quality cameras, microphones and lights. The spontaneous reactions of the winners right from their living rooms will thus be portrayed to the audiences. Indeed, this will be a new set of experience all over again. It will be great to see them virtually, though! Some of the special guests will be lining up for the broadcast including that of Sterling K. Brown, Oprah Winfrey and Jason Bateman. Nevertheless, we have been excited to see how the stars are going to embrace comfort over that of couture as there will be no red carpet show this time!